Friday, June 8, 2007

lazy me - meantime post


Durn it - cartoon bubble reads 'Oh Wow!! Another cosmetic surgery gift certificate! And a three year supply of prozac!' and the caption reads 'Just another LA baby shower' - just to save you squinting...



Oops, I have a post I want to write but it's a hard one so I haven't done it yet - this is my typical m.o. - if something is difficult, put it off, but don't do anything else in the mean time because you're waiting to do this.






So this is nothing in particular, in the mean time.






I had a lovely baby shower night out on Wednesday - we went to the Market Bar, me and 3 women I met at my ante natal classes with my first daughter - we met up for a year afterwards, petty much once a week - it was initially for post natal yoga, then the yoga finished and we kept the coffee - our ante natal/yoga teacher had suggested that the best thing you can have when you have a new baby is a friend who knows all about it, to whose house you can go, and sit in their kitchen, feed your baby and cry... absolutely great advice.






So another friend came too, a very old friend's fiancee, who bought me the nicest pressie - a Skip Hop diaper pouch 'that turns any bag into a diaper bag!!' which is very cool. Another friend who is getting married is getting me Burt's Bees goodies in the states, mmm, and I also got luscious Lush goods for moi (though my daughter is feeling pretty avaricious about them) and a beautiful orchid. Lovely pressies! I hate to say it, but being the Taurus that I am, I do so love pressies. And my birthday was a wee bit of a let this year...






And the other friend who came out, I felt sorry for as she's neither a mother nor married and I was worried we'd bore her to tears - we do talk about our children a lot - and worst of all she was driving so she couldn't even deaden the dullness with alcohol. And she had a cold! But thank so for always coming through for me, darling!









The reason this is a postworthy event is that I don't have a gang of mates and I'm short on women I even see regularly - a night out has become a major event for me, especially as my husband has worked in an off-licence since I met him, so even in my early 20s he was never around for Fri/Sat nights out, and I turned into an old married lady far too quickly - we've been living together since I was 18....






But it felt so nice - especially because of the pregnancy - to be in a bar! - Drinking beer (albeit non alcoholic beer, hey, who cares)!






I have to do this more often, I think it would make me a nicer person.















1 comment:

Midget Wrangler said...

Jo,
I know what you mean about feeling like an old lady before your time. Please come to the stitch and bitch next week, I've realised since I started the blog that there are a lot of people, a lot of women who haven't got the support of friends and it gets harder to make friends in your thirties.
It's hard to make new friends but it is worth it! I

Oh I love lush!!!