Thursday, June 21, 2007

withdrawal sypmyoms

Oh My God!

We're switcing broadband provider to Eirocom - so they cut off my original provider without telling me, then I got a form in the post days later asking for my permission to do so. Apparently the process takes ten days - but they cut you off on the first rather than 9th day???
they don't seem to understand my confusion at their practices - still no sign of the new modem...

The phone has also been out, and I had to pay €75 to fix the washing machine. What next? My pelvis, I fear. I have to go buy a support belt - a physio appointment would take six weeks through the hospital, by which time I'll have had the baby!

Don't they all understand, I want to buy posh nappy bags and blankets and stuff!

Anyway, I miss blogging, gmail, the internet generally, my poor husband is going nuts because he can't check his and bebo (he now has Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Bellx1 and TheyMightBe Giants as friends!). I think the computer has addictive rays, definitely.

I am knitting more though, and not staying up so late. Thoug hlast night, my lovely daughter called me about 2 and went to the loo - I came out to check on her, and she shouted at me to go away, then I desperately needed a wee, so she got all angry and then started to wail when I went back to bed and shut the door - I was up and down three times, while she alternatingly abused me and then wept because she wanted a hug and a kiss - back to bed, agonising with hips trying to get comfortable, can't breathe with chest cold, got the heart-constriction thing and couldn't get comfortable, tried hypno cd which slowly works, but then I ahd to get up to her twice, she started coughing, gave her cough syrup. Was finally drifting off when she came in about a bad dream and wanted me to sleep with her. I ended up in tears of exhaustion and frustration and had to go downstairs to watch Star Trek Generations til 4 in the morning.

Life is just not quite smooth at the moment. Sleep, money, relationship. Urg.

On the plus side I tidied my bedroom - next hall and de-mould downstairs bathroom, yay.

Hopefully back soon. x

4 comments:

aquaasho said...

Oh sounds like a rough night jo! You must be knackered. I'm laughing at de-moulding the bathroom being on your plus side!

Midget Wrangler said...

God, you ave a lot going on, you guys are going through a time of transition and it'll affect your little girl. But you'll all come out great at the end!

Ellen said...

Hi Jo, What a night that was for you.

What gets me is how the kids have lots of energy the next day after being awake for half the night!!

Midget Wrangler said...

Full of nervous narky energy though Keynoter!