Sunday, August 19, 2007

sleeping like babies

My boychild slept incredibly well last night - while my girlchild woke me five times before one am and on through the night - and was up at 7.30, despite the fact I can't get her out of bed on Montessori mornings...

My husband played a 21st last night, had to go on very late, then dropped gear back to friends and decided to stay up all night, as he had to get up for work at 5.30 thismorning - did he call? No - another of his less attractive habits, which I think is one of the biggest fuck-yous.

Also, he's not well and we have to go visit friends and endure a birthday lunch for my mother in law - I say endure because we're going to the Glenview in the mistaken hope we'll be able to sit outside. We won't, even if it's nice, which it's isn't, and said MIL doesn't like the food there, so we'll have to spend the whole meal miserably analysing why our meals weren't nice and listening to her being disappointed.

Then we'll come home, he'll go to bed, and I'll continue to fight with my daughter and hold the baby who won't spend any time not being held at the moment.

ARG!

No comments: