Saturday, March 29, 2008

watch my soap opera unfold...

Stay tuned to see what happens:

'Tis Midget Wrangler's birthday on Saturday, a night out for me that has been planned for some months.
Yet my husband has a gig in Scott's, as it is the opening of the upstairs venue, basically opened in their honour.

When asked to do the gig, the husband did not say 'I will check with my wife' or 'I can't do that night, could we do it the following week'. No.
Now I suspect my mother in law will not be available that night, as she goes up to babysit my nephew twice a month as his mum has gone back to work and they're stuck for a Saturday minder. I met a friend of the husband's who eagerly offered to babysit (for free!) recently, but as he no longer hangs round with her he is not comfortable with this idea. No. It would be far more comfortable for him if I sat at home and did not have my night out, while he went and played his gig. Oh yes.

He talks a lot about how much he wants me to get out, and have my own interests, and social life, and have something to tell him about the next day. Just as long as it's not on a weekend, presumably.

7 comments:

aquaasho said...

If you asked him to organise the babysitter what would happen?

Jo said...

I wouldn't mind gettting the babysitter, it's the €10 an hour that's the problem at the moment...

Jo said...

Aha! My excellent friend is going to do it. She's the baby's godmother, but had conspicuously never offered to babysit before - I'd assumed it was out of a mixture of nervousness and lack of inclination, but she's all for it! Whoo!

The nicest thing abou tthis is feeling I've a friend I can call on. It'd be good if she had kids too, so I could reciprocate, but myabe one day.

aquaasho said...

But I would've thought that the point was: if one of you is asked to go out at night, one of you says "yes" straight away and the other says "I'll have to check if I can get a babysitter". Hardly seems fair. I'm glad you've got sorted though, I'm looking forward to seeing you and the gang again. :-)

Jo said...

I know, I know. It's not just a night out for him, though, it's paid 'work' - and his 'career'. So it sort of has me over a barrel.

I can complain anyway though!

aquaasho said...

Good outcome anyway... :-)

bennyboy said...

Only just saw this now... Have an opinion but think I'll keep my counsel to myself oon this one.