Thursday, September 4, 2008

giant fat blob lady


Oh my god. I weighed myself today. Not Good. I've gone over a certain stone mark that I never wanted to return to. I'm officially a giant fat blob lady. How could this have happened. I wonder if it's anything to do with inordinate consumption of cake and lack of exercise.

Do you think that might be it?

Right. From today on, I must embark on a sugar embargo. The pool in Bray is now open, though depressingly expensive. Should a community pool offer only a combined pool/gym family membership for €995, when children won't use the gym anyway? Disappointing. Still, the council is on it, according to the Wicklow Times. Perhaps they'll sort it out. Because they' re good at that, aren't they? Oh, no, no they're not.

So as of now I am new, active, non-crap eating Jo. If you see me eating a delicious bun, please dash it out of my hand and grind it into the ground with the toe of your boot.

I don't want to go to WeightWatchers, it's too expensive and tawdry. I do know of people who did their own WW club though - a casual weekly weigh in, and everyone throws a tenner in the pot. Whoever's lost the most gets it. Anyone interested?

15 comments:

Tatiana Franey said...

i've been on a on-off diet for months and so far i only lost my sense of humour...
i hope you do better than me!
tatoca

Anonymous said...

The scales lie - you are fine!

Anonymous said...

"So as of now I am new, active, non-crap eating Jo. If you see me eating a delicious bun, please dash it out of my hand and grind it into the ground with the toe of your boot."

Can't see myself being brave enough to try that, somehow... :)

Jo said...

Well, I've walked down the town and up to the school and home this morning, got locked out (but met my sweet neighbour properly as a result, so not too bad) - and had lunch without carbohydrates (not counting sweetcorn) so I'm proud of myself so far - I still feel like the blob lady in the picture though :)

Thankyou for the blind support maggot, and er, Tinman, not so much!

Anonymous said...

Has the lady in the picture just shoplifted a sofa?

Jo said...

Ha! Maybe she ate one.

Anonymous said...

Wasn't slagging you personally, Jo, just there are some things no man should try with any woman, and stopping them eating baking is fairly near the top of that list.

Suggesting they might be wrong is, of course, top.

Anonymous said...

I've had more time to study the picture now. The thing in front of her is obviously her lunchbox (no fruit in there, I'm guessing), and the flowery yoke behind her is a memorial to some bloke who dashed a bun from her hand...

Martin said...

pink makes your ankles look chubby

Anonymous said...

Christ, Xbox, you should have said it makes one's ankles look chubby.

Look at the trouble I got into for suggesting she likes cake...

B said...

that WW with the gambling wouldn't work if it got too big though... become anorexic and win several thousand euro!

Lottie said...

It's a vicious circle of cake and guilt. Been there - bought the t-shirt, ate the T-shirt, gave up.

I tried WW a few years ago and it worked very well for me when I was very heavy and I lost about 3 stone but eventually the will power wained, I became to busy and kept missing meetings, and the weight slipped back on.

I tried Tesco diets recently - quiet cheap and you get club card points. You might like it JO as you can fix it to a budget, make meals from scratch or vary it with ready meals. I really liked it but I am never home lately and I have not been up to getting back into it again.

Anonymous said...

there are some things no man should try with any woman, and stopping them eating baking is fairly near the top of that list.

Suggesting they might be wrong is, of course, top.


Yup, first of all you'd get the "how dare you raise your hand to me" glare.

Followed closely by the "Did you just call me fat" glare.

Either one is a death sentence.

Jo said...

Is grabbing a cake out of someone's hand 'raising your hand' to them?


And how often have you done that?

Anonymous said...

not really, but it's being physical.

Done similar things like, she robs the remote from my lap and I snatch it out of her grip and get that glare.