Monday, September 29, 2008

skanky big blue gap-top

I have to admit that my default attire for round the house, is comfy trousers and a Gap top of Axel's that he stopped wearing because it got too shapeless. Or perhaps because I robbed it. It looks crap, but it's so comfy and comforting. It's got a hood and it goes over my head and has one of those single pockets in the front. It's warm, it's snuggly, it covers me like a sort of burka, it's the business.
It looks shite, now, I'll admit that. I wouldn't wear it out of the house (though I often really really want to). It isn't flattering - my lovely mother in law sniggered and asked me if I was pregnant again the last time she saw me in it. When I'm sitting down I can easily pull it down over my legs - the true test of any article of clothing for teenage Jo.

I don't have a point today, I just thought I'd share my comfort item with you. At least I don't suck on it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a jumper that I change into every evening when I get home. It now has a couple of holes in it so I'm not let wear it out - not even to my local, where it would fit right in.

Jo said...

Hmm, maybe Mrs Tin is right. Some things should be sacred to the Hearth - the whole point of going to your local is that it's not your house, right? You don't want to blur the lines too much, or you might as well just stay at home?

However, if you don't agree, you could always try the age old trick of wearing something else on top/ changing in the toilets.

How often do you go down th epub Tinman? I'm starting to feel sorry for Mrs Tin, there she was, sponsored walking by herself... you're the one who impregnanted her, you know.

Anonymous said...

I don't go as often as I make out for the purposes of my blog, and Mrs Tin does have nights when she goes out too.

She's on the school Board of Management, which is why she does things like the sponsored walk. My job tends to be driving to places like Arklow or Clondalkin at 9 on a Sunday morning and standing freezing on touchlines when the kids are playing football/hockey/baseball. And explaining to them on the way home why I think they were substituted at half-time.

Jo said...

Oh god! Alright, that's worse.