Wednesday, December 10, 2008

damn you, man cold!


Don't get me wrong. I'm not contemptuous, nor distainful.

Far from it. Axel has been laid low, for the last two days. He even stayed home on Tuesday, and slept all day, after snoring and moaning through the night. Snort moan, sneeze, snort, moan.

Then he stayed up late last night, then slept all day again.


I had a horrible cold the other week, I did a bit of sniffing and moaning myself I'll admit. I felt like my head was dessicating from the inside out. So this is why I am not distainful of the mancold. My envy is green eyed and potent. I would have loved to go to bed for two days when I was cold ridden. I would love to have absolved all responsibity for my children and pretty much refused to be around them til I felt less fragile! The thought of how the bed beckoned, it was definitely the place to be. Not soldiering and struggling on.


I WISH I could have man colds, they're way better than mom colds! I'd even take the extra pain and suffering, the so much worseness, for the luxury of a day in bed when I'm not feeling well.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't take the man illness away from us, we have nothing else.

Jo said...

I'm not trying to take it away, I just want in on it!

Martin said...

Face it woman, ye got the multiple orgasms, we get the mancold.

You can't have bloody everything.

Jo said...

SOME of us get multple orgasms. SOME of us.

Bloody everything. Shit. Don't make me play the period/childbirth card, Xbox. Or the leg waxing one.

Martin said...

AND...ye can see and touch breasts whenever ye wish.

morgor said...

disdainful surely?

Although i did check up distain, and it is a real word meaning to tarnish but it's a rare one.

Anonymous said...

We only do it so we can let you pamper us and look after us because we know you love doing that.

Jo said...

Actually, all he ever wants to do is sleep... he resents any efforts to actually make him better.

Anonymous said...

You can't have in on the manflu.

We used to have childbirth and periods and leg waxing but you all bitched and moaned until you got in on that too, making evolution take it off us.

You're not getting the manflu.

Lottie said...

I was in Boots the other day and they have a "Man Flu Survival Pack" filed with vitamins, pain killers etc and...a BELL!