Wednesday, January 14, 2009

waiting room syndrome

Lately I've been feeling a bizarre, septagenarian urge to tell you all about my various physical ailments. I have no idea why. I resisted discussing the mad-attack-of-diarrhoea-cramps-combined-with-misplaced-mooncup from the other day, despite their labour like intensity!

But during my dentist visit yesterday, a chip of enamel flew off the tooth he was grinding down and flipped into my eye. Sharp! Pointy! Ow! I thought I'd got it out at the time (thinking ugh!ugh!toothinmyeye!) but later that evening I had a sudden pointy pain again,and for a second thought I could feel the bump under my eyelid.

I thought it had gone again, despite not being able to find it - you know when a scratch feels the same as what did it - but last night before I went to sleep, the agonising scratching started again. After variously fiddling around, I noticed it had slid out onto my lower eyelid. A little pointy piece of my tooth. In my eye. All day.

BLEH!

7 comments:

Mick said...

I'm sorry, but that's bloody hilarious. "toothinmyeye" LMFAO

I live with my wife and her 75 year old grandmother, so I'm used to the moaning and groaning of a septagenarian. So, please, feel free :-)

Anonymous said...

Some would think it weird that I got grossed out about the dentist stuff instead of the birth like intensity diarrhea.

I don't.

Jo said...

See now, I can't really explain without going into unpleasant detail. It's wasn't so much the diarrhoea as the mooncup problem giving me contractions.

But I'll leave it at that.

The other IS disgusting. Teeth in my eye, it's like Stephen King.

Martin said...

You bit yourself in your own eye, that's quite cool.

I got bitten by another boy in the eye once at school. I'm scarred for life, he's dead.

B said...

all i can say is

"ugh"

Jo said...

Yup.

Anonymous said...

Oh gack! Not good. Goggles next time.