Saturday, November 14, 2009

flawed but sporadically awsome



Two of the women I proof for tell me I'm awesome in enthusiastic tones and I love it, because for an hour, their chapters are my babies and I want want them to love what I done with them.

Recently one of Niall's singer's friends found me through Friends of Breastfeeding and got in touch through Facebook. She said she recognised my style in the Friends' blog from the Myspace blog I used to do for the band. She needed some breastfeeding help and I tried to set her up with some.

She told me later she'd met Andrew and said I was the Queen of Breastfeeding. To which he apparently replied, 'No, she's the Queen of Motherhood'.

It's so not true, but god, how sweet, and of her to tell me, too, brought tears to my eyes.

So for this week, awesome and queen of motherhood will sit up there with procrastinating slacker and eater of too many chocolate ricecakes etc.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

this queen totally deserves her chocolate-whatever!!! you give us all such a great time with your postíngs here as well as with the funny and whity coments you make..no wonder she recognised your style..its a jo-thing baby:-))))

Ms. Moon said...

How lovely! You deserve it. Now- skip the chocolate rice cakes and go straight to the chocolate cake.

Péitseoga said...

oh do you mean those organic chocolate ricecakes? yum... love them! and yes, queen of breastfeeding and motherhood, you helped me through some of the hardest BF times, too!