Saturday, July 10, 2010

and here we are again

I love this picture. It's not that bad out today, but this is down on Bray seafront, and it seems to be the perfect illustration of wet summer weather :)


Ah. The traditional Irish Summer has returned from its holiday. Visibilty is low, the air is a wash of gentle wet. Drips abound.

I was going to go check out a nearby car boot sale, as I want to bring the toys I need to cull in the interests of Clearing. But not unless the rain lifts, and I'm glad I didn't plan to go sell today. I want to do a cake sale day too, but I fear the weather is conspiring against me. Bodhi's birthday fast approaches, and I was planning to have a picnic in the park - but now... agh, I'm not so sure.

It would be perfect if it would just rain at night - long hot days and then fresh bursts of rain in the green dark while we sleep, waking briefly to snuggle deeper under the sound of the raindrops drumming on the roof and windows. Plants and trees and earth get refreshed and then the sun  comes out into a blue, spent sky the next morning and bakes it all off the grass before we come out to play. That would make so much sense.

UPDATE: 30 mins later - it seems to be clearing up... :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such strange weather. When I opened the door to the world for the first time this morning, I expected a cold rainy breeze. Instead it was warm and smelled AMAZING, like the plants were having a fiesta.

Jo said...

Aha, there's the upside :)

Ms. Moon said...

It's only in Camelot that it only rains at night.

compulsive cook said...

It's Tir na nOg where it only rains at night, surely? I've always loved that we don't have a concept of 'not rain', the best we can do in coming up with heaven is a place where the rain is only at night.
Mind you, this is not a criticism, I am currently suffering in the dry heat in London and would give thanks fasting if it would rain at night.

Mwa said...

I want your rain! I will happily swap! 30-something is no longer funny.