Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Strands by Stephen Shannon, lovely song and vid

I used to know this guy from the village - he was all Metal... all old and cool - he used to play in a band at the same time Axl did when I met him, and that was all Metal too...

a while back I found out he was married to Sinead Gleeson, who I knew a little from college - she's gone on to have a journalism career I'm envious of  and delighted by - and he's a producer and making a very different sort of music these days.

Isn't this delightful? And the Sugarloaf Mountain is in it :) (no it's not! It's the States! Baha - I see Wicklow everywhere... )
This is my new Fireflies, Dan. I may be putting this on repeat, minus the Cosmos and self empowering dancing :)



Here's info - gig on Friday?

3 comments:

Martin said...

Sharon Shannon is delightful,she has created music (Dominick Street from his Sidetracks album)that Steve Earle once described as the sound of happiness.

But the Diamond Mountain is just lovely lovely stuff.

(and her brother taught me sex education....enough said)

Jo said...

Um - bit of free association, Martin, as far as I know there's no relation there at all :)

And whose sex ed was better, his or mine? ;)

Martin said...

i read that as sharon, weird