Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bodhi is not two year old youtube breakdancing sensation or anything, but he has the best moves. He seems to insitinctively know how to dance to any sort of music, like the time I played him the Cocteau Twins and he sponstaneously started doinga wonderful, wavy armed floaty dance.

Today in the car Axl was playing me Adele's cover of Lovesong (which is a great cover, but no one will ever beat the Cure at the Cure, I'm sorry, it just made me want the original) - Bodhi announced 'I'm loving this!' and that he was 'flicking his fingers to it'. I looked round to see him in his carseat, eyes closed, smiling beatifically, twisting his head from side to side a la Stevie Wonder, with his arms in meditation pose, flicking his middle fingers off this thumbs! I so wish I'd had the camera.




I was wrong, the other day, about my birthday, maybe. First, it's on the bank holiday monday, so it's all good - and Axl was just worried about getting extra time off work - but he doesn't have to, all will be well.

Yup, have to listen to the Cure doing it now, feels so much righter! But then, I do have a personal connection with that whole album... 

5 comments:

Jo said...

Of course! Little sweet thing! You shoulda called him Joe instead, you know ;)

Mwa said...

That comment above - I don't get it. Sometimes you seem to speak to no one in the comments. Is someone deleting comments, are you hearing voices or am I missing something? (I'm assuming it's option three.)

Jo said...

Well, sometimes I AM only talkingto myself - but in this case, there was definitely a comment from my friend K8 that showed up in myemail. But not here. Weird. Her son was born on my birthday, that was the gist of the comment, and hence my response.

itchybollix said...

think she's gone gaga meslef mwa

this be what you speak of, followed by the original, which is what a music vid is all about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijQta_HhweQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnrM4UjaQmY

Jo said...

Goodness me, from Lovesong to Pavement? Via the medium of small children!? Wooooahhhh!