Saturday, March 5, 2011

snowfalls

sadness settles on me like a blanket
a fresh fallen cover of sorrow
chilling and pure

the magnitude of this truth
this ending of a relationship
has me mangled in its car crash grip

this unobserved ending
these severed knots and severed nerves
that once knitted together to make something delightfully new
newborn and bonded

and now it's debris, it's waste falling to the side
that we must pretend not to see, not to mourn
no celebration of our failure

we are trapped inside this broken thing
the shards of how we hoped to love and be loved



3 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Heartbreaking. I have been there.

Jo said...

:(

But then, that's good to know, Mary.

Poetry. I know people write it down and then refine and redraft it. Work to make it communicate the feeling it's intended to portray. Prettily.

I can't quite face that though, I just wanted to try and dump out the feeling. It wasn't even going to be a poem til I opened the post, just, anything was better than sitting on the bed looking at my hands and trying to not cry.

The remedy really was good for a week or so, Dan, it's just ... it wore off again.

Mwa said...

Big hug. I can't even imagine how hard it must be. x