Thursday, November 10, 2011

wonderful man

Sorry, perhaps I should elaborate on what this is - this is a man who started out adopting orangutan babies and ended up regrowing thousands of hectares of rain forest - in just a few years.

It's heartening to see this on many levels - that one person can make such a difference, how miraculously resourceful and effective people can be, as well as greedy and destructive. How we could, if we put this model into practice, maybe save the world. That change really is possible - you can regrow an Eden from a poisoned wasteland with some ingenuity and co operation and energy. If he can do it...


2 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Humbling, Jo. Just absolutely humbling.

Jo said...

I know. But I think we should be not humbled, but elevated. Look what can be done! I know I can't do it - I am no Messiah, like he seems to be, growing paradise out of a destroyed and wasted land. But his success... his ... positive achievement. It's inspiring. And reassuring. It's the first thing in a long time that makes me feel like it's really worth trying to fix it all.