Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas moment

I wish I had something pretty to offer you. I feel so defeated and worn down at the moment. My heart is not glad. I want to write something real for the first time in ages, butwhenI think about it, whingy emo crap just bubbles up.

I've dragged something fine out of my head, though.

When I went shopping in the shopping centre last week and had a materialist fest for the kids, I was walking back to the car (well, ok, I was wandering round a little bit in the process of finding my car, the way I do) and walking up past me was a Polish family, maybe, young, young kids, and the big tall dad was carrying one small child sideways. All I could see sticking out from under his arm was a furry padded hood and a smiley little face. They were having a loud, happy, laughing repetitive conversation that I couldn't understand, but it sounded like the universal, 'You're a sack of potatoes/NO YOU'RE a sack of potatoes' type banter you get in these situations. It was very cute, all the moreso for not being in English. 

1 comment:

Ms. Moon said...

Lovely image. Thank-you.