Tuesday, December 6, 2011

not knowing what you've got til it's gone - but I did

I was reading some snow posts from last year and the year before. I don't seem to be able to write anymore. The thoughts are all gone. I'm sorry. I don't give good blog anymore.

I miss that. And I really miss the comments and chat. I was very bogged down in how sad it all was but my blog social life was good and meant a lot to me. The excitement of posts and comments. And, not to put too fine a point on it, an internet relationship that, while painful, meant a lot to me and made up for a lot. There was a lot of excitement in the day, waiting to see what would come up via posts and comments and chat. And for the last few months, my blogland friendship has been missing due to illness and all is extremely uncertain, and I miss it so much and I'm so worried but such is the nature of distance and the way things roll that I don't know what's going on and my god but I miss the days when everyone blogged and commented and laughed. Now the laughter is missing too.

I wanted to say I was lucky to have that, and I did know it at the time, it saved me. It's feeling a little bleak and lonely right now. I know things like blogs change - you can't sustain it forever, and that's natural. I wish I could sustain the writing though - sometimes I look at old posts and cringe, but some of them I think, oh no, where has that gone? I hope it comes back. I hope it will all be ok.

And... wow - let's end with the thought that there's always someone worse off than you -


2 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Jo- I'm slow this morning. What in hell is that picture?
And as to the writing?
Just sit down and do it. You still can if you want. I promise.

Jo said...

It's more that it just doesn't come to me at the moment, blog wise.

That picture would seem to be a convention/meeting for men and their plastic girlfriends.