Monday, April 9, 2012

smelling human

I had a nice day with friends and Easter eggs today.

While sitting on the couch I had a little moment of worry that I was perhaps smelling ever so slightly less than deodorised. Not unpleasantly so, but noticeably so - the room was warm. Then I came to the realisation that it wasn't me, more likely the person sitting next to me.

Then when I got home I realised that I, too, was ever so slightly sweaty smelling.

The thing was, it was fine. Not bad, just ... warm human.

Sure, it's good to be as toxin free as possible, and that makes one sweeter smelling, but in the general scheme of things, I think it's quite likely our obsession with personal sanitisation has gone a little overboard. It's ok to smell like a person sometimes, it really is.



Wow... armpit sweat pads. They think of everything. 

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I,m getting sweaty just looking at that gadget..honestly, we,ve enough to be worrying about..hello btw..hope you have a good Easter hol.. :))

Jo said...

Had a lovely one, Catherine, thank you! I hope you did too.