Sunday, January 4, 2015

Back to the grind tomorrow. The reality of an early morning, school, cold-light-of-day money worries and the fact that we'll have to take down our beautiful, fragrant Christmas tree make me feel a little bleak about the near future. This is the problem with January, there's fuck all to look forward to. 

I've no work til the 19th, and that will cause problems, scary problems, but when I go back I have to go back to teenagers, shorter hours, early mornings... blarg. I don't wanna. I don't want to make my son get up early from his sweet, blissful sleep, I don't want to force my daughter into doing more stuff she is so, so resistant to. I am not eager for the battle. 

I would prefer it wasn't all a battle, but it is, because none of us are really doing what we love. But this is just life, for most of us. I know people manage to find that balance that allows them to exist happily, finding the Thing. I don't know what the Thing even is for me, though. Come on, Thing, present yourself. That or the Lottery - I suspect being independently wealthy might be my thing. 

No comments: