Thursday, April 14, 2016

Weirdest dream... maybe trigger warning for pregnant people, this is kind of disturbing...



I was desperate to have a baby ... had to have some sort of IVF procedure. When the time came to give birth, the doctors informed me that the next step was for me to have my hands and feet removed and possibly for the baby's hands and feet to be grafted on temporarily - I can't remember properly now, but in the dream the horror of having this operation and being stranded, a terrified amputee, unable to properly hold my new baby, was stark and appalling. The fear of having this done was very real.

I was desperately searching for alternatives, and asked a friend who had also had the IVF type procedure about how she had managed itit - she said no, her birth had been natural, there had been none of that.

And then, suddenly, my partner and I were in a room where I had given birth - oddly outside myself, I was surprised by myself on a bed, a plump, adorable little black baby lying on me, smiling, not a new born at all, in the dream, and I had had the baby spontaneously and all was well.

It's been a long time since I had a baby dream, and was an extreme return! 

2 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

That is pretty extreme, my love! But at least it turned out well.

Jo said...

Really! Such oddness - watching myself lying there with a little plump baby girl curdled up between my legs (on top of the sheet) like a puppy. All as if normal. They say you rationalise the less possible bits of your dreams as you process them, as they wouldn't make any sense otherwise. God knows what they really are...