Friday, May 25, 2007

ouch, sniff

I fell over tonight - I was standing on the sofa washing the windows, it's my daughter's birthday party tomorrow. I stood down on to her new toy car, which slowly slipped from under me, taking one leg with it and I, fairly slowly, fell back onto my bum. Hurt my foot and elbow and got a fright.

Then my daughter, alarmed by my scream, started shouting downstairs to ask what was wrong and why I screamed, and wouldn't accept my answer, or my husband's, who'd wandered in from watering the lawn - after the third time I shouted at her to just go to bed and he got pissed off with me for shouting - she's shouting back that she won't listen and she hates me. So he just fucked off leaving me to sob in total shock on the floor.

Now I have a bit of tightness in my lower back and a bit of pressure under my bump - not enough to worry about, I don't think, I might not notice if it wasn't for the fall - I might be making it up. But I still feel shaken and tearful.

I think if I'd just had a moment to collect myself, and maybe get a hug and a hand up. But it all went nasty - I've taken an aconite and I still feel shocked and weepy - it's such a scary thing.

And I have so much to do to get ready for this party, but I don't think I should now.

I'm not sure what the point of blogging this is, really. I suppose just how vulnerable you are when you're pregnant, how huge the responsibility is. And I feel so lonely about it. And all I have in my immediate future is washing the kitchen floor.

1 comment:

Midget Wrangler said...

Jo, yes you are extra needy and vunerble when you are pregnant but that doesn't mean men (ie my husband and your husband) should be dismissive, I've been there, and I'm still there! I've discovered that they just don't get it, it's like you've been through it once before, whats the problem? I have been through it three tmes, each time he got slightly less interested and understanding. I make it easier to bear by thinking that he's losing out because I have deeper connections with each child, it's true, you are a different mother to each of your children, and i think it's better each time, You should go to hospital if pain continues!