Sunday, May 27, 2007

sleepyjo

Sometimes I stay up late because I don't want the new day to begin, I don't want to confront the feeling of time running out, of more jobs piling up, of new demands (and old ones) on me. Little responsibilities overwhelm me sometimes - I know that being tired will make it all harder, but Lost was on late tonight and here I am an hour later, having been unable to resist he temptation to turn on the computer!

What am I doing at 12.55, I have Pilates in the morning and so much correcting to do for the next few days - I did a lot today but I kept literally falling asleep (I work in bed). I couldn't keep my eyes open, zonked from the rigours of the birthday party - will blog about that soon, when I get round to uploading a picture of the hedgehog cake!

But now I've procrastinated enough, I'd better get to bed - my eyes are getting that tiredy fuzz in front of them.

I am looking forward to a baby shower/night out in town the week after next, and have decided to go have my spa day by myself instead of struggling to make it into quality time with my husband. I think I'm going to give up on that one til the kids are grown! I don't think he likes me very much at the moment as I'm too irritable, and to be honest, I can't really put up with him either. So I@m just going to let it all drop instead of worrying about it! And I will buy myself a good book and repair to the Spa on my own and not worry about having real conversation with him, feck it.

Anyway, to bed...

3 comments:

Midget Wrangler said...

Jo, i always feel that way, my hubby and I always argue late at night cos we want to stay up and avoid the inevitable! But on the other hand you and i are young, our families are under way (in my case finished) and when they are grown we will be spending the inherintence in las Vegas while others who waited are still changing nappies or dealing with teenage strops!

Jo said...

Vegas, Baby!

Midget Wrangler said...

Hey, I'm serious! It'll be great, even though I've never been there tv can't have lied to me! It'll be like disneyland with sex and whiskey and gambling!!