Sunday, June 17, 2007

craptacular



My cousin described the timing of my husband's failed bonus as 'craptacular'. I suppose there's never a good time to miss out on cash, but given that the birth of our baby is presumably going to be no more than a twice in a lifetime event for us, the timing is indeed pretty craptacular.

I think I've fallen in love with this word. It makes so much sense. And if it follows from 'spectacular', then we must be able to have a 'craptacle' as well as a spectacle - though it sounds more like 'receptacle' - which would suggest a container for holding crap rather than a shitty sight... I suppose one could also then wear 'craptacles', which would presumably be the pessimistic opposite of rose tinted spectacles.

God, I love this.

Does anyone want to play Scrabble with me? No-one in my life likes Scrabble, it's so sad...


PS I just noticed that I put the original word in the intro as 'carptacular', which might be exciting to any anglers who happen to be reading... no? Oh, ok.

3 comments:

PolkaDot said...

Have you heard catastrofuck yet? One of my new favorites.

Ellen said...

HaHa! that was specrapular!!!!

I'll play Scrabble....we love it in our house but I must admit I am craptacular at spelling. I have worn out the spell check button on my computer. My five year old spells better than me!!!

Sorry to hear about your husbands failed bonus hun. You'll have to get the whip out!!!

bennyboy said...

I love craptacular - it's almost as good as crisitunity.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Crisitunity