Wednesday, March 26, 2008

golden daffodils





One of the things I miss about living in the country, in my family home, is the hosts of golden daffodils surrounding the house. If I'm there my granny always exhorts me (is that transitive, can I say that?) to go and pick a bunch, but I feel a bit like I'm stealing.

So the other week I bought a couple bunches of unopened daffodils in Tesco, feeling likethis was not quite the done thing. But oh my! The beauty! FAR nicer than the ones we have at home - and so glowing and robust... I did pick a bunch at home recently but they were nothing in comparison to these ones - even my daughter remarked on how beautiful they were.

The only down side is that my godmother thinks she knows who growns them... and flies them to Holland, where Tesco buy them and fly them back here. Sigh.

No comments: