Saturday, August 30, 2008

stymied

I had a weekend song picked out. I usually do one potentially unpopular choice - Golden Green by The Wonderstuff. Yeah, I know, they were hated by many.

But popularity is not the point of retro music Saturday, it's point is to give you a glimpse of the soundtrack that plays in my brain.

However, I was thwarted. No video on YouTube! What? Malfunction. So I found last.fm which gives you free music to listen to, but sadly the video doesn't play in my area for some reason (no jokes about my area please). And I've so far wasted way too much time trying to find a way to just post the song itself.

And due to my Taurean nature, I can't adapt and post something else - that was the one for this week.

So instead here's a favourite poem of mine, with golden and green in it. And in fairness, it is far better than The Wonderstuff.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ta Jo, haven't thought about that poem for ages.

I (vaguely)remember being young, and would have been easy if anyone had been interested.

Jo said...

Ha! And gay, too?

Anonymous said...

He doesn't say he was gay, though oddly his house was.

He does say he was green rather I lot, so I'm thinking he ate too many of the apples while he was under the apple bough.

Anonymous said...

hi jo, i think the last.fm stuff is meant for the US area only, i remember i had to enter an american address to register (ages ago). also my hubby was saying that a lot of TV stuff is supposed to only work in the country that has normal access to that TV station, but sometimes there are ways around it!