Saturday, October 11, 2008

motherhood v fun

*I had a lovely time at Darren and Lottie's party last night - and I got to meet Darragh, and Whoopsadaisy, and Andrew,and Anthony, whose collection of eighties choons wowed me, and Amy the Cat and Phil Kane, who looks alarmingly like Andrew McCarthy. I got so see Lottie in her Gorgeous Corset, and drink lots of (well, four and a half) cocktails, and wonder at the fact that L&D have their Oxygen photos printed up and hung on the wall in nice frames already. They should write a book about the habits of highly effective couples. They're just lovely too. I felt a wave of affection, watching them chatting away, with their matching curly heads. Aw.

The 'V' part of the title sadly comes from arriving home to find my Bodhi awake and crying and BURNING hot, befevered. He didn't settle til 3.45 am, by which time my eyes were itching frantically and my hangover was setting in. I had a glass of water, and a paracetemol, and was fine when I had to get up at 8.30 on Saturday. And when I had to take Olivia to the party she was going to at one. And then when we got back at 3.30, Axel was still asleep...

I got to lie in this morning though, and Olivia only woke me three times.


*I know I should be linking to everyone, but I'm tired. You'll find them all at Darren or Lottie's. Just check the roll.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was very nice to meet you!