Monday, February 2, 2009

arse parsley monday - s'no fun

Apparently today is a black monday, where the most people phone in sick. It certainly wasn't a great day have stuff to do - hence the arse parsley (don't ask me, it just sounded appropriate).

I had to bring Olivia to get her abscessed tooth sorted. She got sick again yesterday, only eating her breakfast and the ice cream her Dad bought her on the way home from swimming -oh dear, not so great for a fever, but it wasn't apparent til after.

She had tooth pain, fever, headache, stomach ache, was up half the night, then we had to go out in the snow with no socks, no hat...

Axel was insisting on pouring hot water on the car windows to get rid of the snow. He ran out, and came out with a pot of water as I was brushing it off with a cd case - and he slipped on our murderously slippy step (the ones I slipped on before Christmas), flew up in the air and landed on his back, on the step edge. I heard him yelp and Bodhi start to cry, and turned to see him lying there, holding Bodhi out of harm's way, heroically.

He said he thought he'd broken his back and his life flashed before his eyes, wheelchair, no work etc. He had to go to work but hopefully will stop off in the A&E later - so I may not see him for a week.

Then it took me an hour and a half to get to Ranelagh, but thankfully they took us in anyway.

I'm peeved. It should have been all bundling them up and sledging and snowmen. Not that crappy morning!

3 comments:

Martin said...

I actually winced at the thought of that slip.

falling on your back stories give me the heebiejeebies

Anonymous said...

Goodness me, black Monday indeed. It could have been worse, you could have been stranded in London with no buses, no planes, no trains, no nothing.

I sympathise with the tooth abscess, had one myself recently, all very nasty. Needed a root filling and it seemed like the dentist was drilling forever, she'd almost reached Australia.

Anonymous said...

Crap Monday. Yeah, never hot water on a windscreen. Hope Axel's back is ok, sounds like a nasty one. Well tomorrow morning will be even more snow so should be better for snowballs and sledging.