Thursday, January 28, 2010

nectalicious



Myself and the kids have just had perfectly ripe, delectable, firm, juicy, sweet, fragrant nectarines. Are they my favourite? Maybe. Along with melons and red grapefruits and pineapple. And really good pears. All in a bowl. With some vanilla. Best breakfast ever. Or whisky, ideally not at breakfast time. Sigh.

But these were like the actualisation of nectarines, so I would like to thank Gaia and Marks and Spencer for the treat. Please don't say anything  about carbon footprints I know I know.

So much better than this time!

8 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

I do love the nectarine myself. It is a lovely fruit.

Danielle said...

i do too..but i guess i love peaches even more

hm..sillyme..i read best breastfast at first...

Bethany said...

Yum.
I don't know how I forgot to buy any kind of orange fruit when I was at the store. Ugh.
Glad you enjoyed.

Mick said...

Mmmm. I love nectarines. And melons. Can't abide watermelons or pineapples though.

I love grapefruit too, but it makes me arsehole sore. I don't know why...

tmi??

Jo said...

Mm, maybe a liddle bit, Mick.

Tell you what, you say no more and I'll say nothing it does to thrush...

Mwa said...

There's nothing like good fruit. And a perfect nectarine is GOOD fruit.

Compulsive Cook said...

Nectarines are ok, but they're left in the ha'penny place by peaches. There's no fuzz on a nectarine, for a start.

Jo said...

Oh, no, I've been here before, I'm not getting into another shaving metaphor...