Sunday, March 28, 2010

blog award post

I was feeling too tired to do one, but then I realised I'd forget things.

So, in bullet point format, impressions:

  • pretty Salthill with little wee hilly fields and stone walls
  • visiting friends after  three years of promising to, and having the pleasure of watching a French man cook dinner. And of eating it too... goats cheese crepes with garlic mushrooms and salad. le sigh.
  • incredible cake in the incredibly stylish g hotel for the Lady Blogger's Tea Party. Want to go there again. Giant chocolate hares in foyer.
  • recognising the sweet punk rock shape of Nick McGivney from afar
  • hanging with two so sweet and supportive friendly men, the above mentioned Nick and Tinman. A pleasure, gentlemen. And thank you for all of it.
  • Meeting Demure Lemur! Hey sweetgirl! I don't know what I was expecting, but it was someone less gamine and fairylike and sparkly eyed and funfilled than I anticipated - and wearing the same dress I had made for my bridesmaids, which seems significant  somehow.
  • Free Morgan's rum and coke. And ensuing other ones. yum.
  • Xbox won! SoI got to go collect his personal blog award! Exciting! Especially as no one nominated me. You bastards.
  • blogger gossip
  • cooooooomfy beds. Losing an hour in it was evil. EVIL.
  • swimming pool
  • Getting home and running into the hoover I left in the bedroom on Friday. Think I have broken my toe. Ow!

7 comments:

Demure Lemur said...

Aw Jo, it was wonderful meeting you too! You were, to my very great pleasure, just as I expected. Thanks so much for your guest post too. It's really really really fucking good. I've never heard childbirth told like that before.

Martin said...

I'm glad it was a good night, that's the most important thing.

I'm genuinely grateful that you could stand in, thanks for that, I appreciate it.

Should it be found to be concealing some between the jumble of consonants and vowels, this comment is left with zero bitchiness intended.

Stan said...

It was lovely to meet you, Jo. I'm only disappointed that I flagged so early. Before I bailed out to answer the Irresistible Call of the Pillow, I greatly enjoyed the chat upstairs with your good self and company.

Jo said...

Oh, me too, Stan, it was lovely to meet you. And we only lasted a wee bit more... all very middle aged altogether :)

NYDublinGirl said...

when I told my hubby that you lost your hour in a nice hotel bed, he reminded me that we lost an hour EVERY night on our honeymoon crossing the atlantic!

Anonymous said...

Stop hack the program!!!

Anonymous said...

I just noticed infantasia.blogspot.com by surfing online, and found it is so sweet. Keep up the great work!

I have similar idea to this site.I will come back often!
You can also get a tutor to help you. My friend told me he was helped a lot by top [URL=http://chinesetuitioninsingapore.wikia.com/ ]private tutor singapore [/URL]. Can you also share me with your comments on here?