Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ever have a trapped nerve?

Oo. I've been suffering with me hip the last week. I was really feeling the bruising from my sacrum being out and crushing into my soft tissue, not helped by the fact that I've been sitting working for most of every day. It was getting really sore yesterday, not going away, getting worse, and stiffer and bruised feeling too, as well as the electric pinch.

A friend was suffering similar, and I suggested she take Rhus tox, a homoeopathic remedy, sorted my pregnancy sciatica right out, and good for back ache that's better with movement, worse for inactivity.

So I went home and took it myself (duh) along with an arnica. Took it twice.

Few hours later... pain gone.
This evening... no sign of it having been there.

Once again, to all those who insist I'm just strongly suggestible and working my placebo magic, I say again, yes! I'm a fucking wizard! It's fab.

8 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

And if it comes back- acupuncture!

Jo said...

Well, I really just need to get off my ass... so hopefully not, I hates the needles!

Martin said...

the world is flat, the world is flat!

Janine Ashbless said...

I've got a similar hip/back thing right now. I was recklessly bending over to put my knickers on, when ... POW! Followed by Feckity-feckity-feck.

Oh, the indignity!

At this rate I might even try some of your magic.

Jo said...

sounds like you need the magic handsof a good osteopath, Janine.

If I could afford it, I'd go once a month.

Mwa said...

Whatever works, right? These people who think they know how the world works - pah!

Jo said...

It's more just... if I'm only doing it with the power of my mind... wow!

geeks in rome said...

what great timing! hubby has been dying from shoulder/neck pain for two days so I'm getting this NOW!

I love homeopathic remedies! I swear by them, too, Jo