Saturday, March 13, 2010

mortification



Sometimes it's difficult to anticipate the ways in which childish lack of inhibition will bite you on the ass.

It seems I'm raising a terrror... at the playzone yesterday, Bodhi came and demanded money for the toy machine. When I said I didn't have any, he demanded to see in my wallet (little gurrier - and it gets worse!). He then wandered over to the dad he'd ben chatting to around the place, and I saw him earnestly talking to him and pointing at the dispenser, and the man smiling and shaking his head. He came back over to me to tell me that he'd asked the man for money, and he hadn't given him any either. Gah! What sort of child am I raising!

5 comments:

Martin said...

haha, a wee accordion for the small fella and he'll have a stint outside easons.

Bethany said...

well, someone who knows what he wants and tries his best to get it? I'm sure he asked nicely.

Jo said...

Missus, missus, missus, gizza sausage! HAve ya gotta euro? Please, missus, just a euro! Giz one!

Ah, I'm sure it's just a sign of his entreprenureal (sp??) future. He'll look after his ma in her retirement.

Jo said...

Ah, yes, Bethany, see, Xbox knows what I'm talking about!

Ms. Moon said...

Yes, an accordion and a small, clever monkey to perch on his shoulder. That's what he needs. And short, silly pants and a felt red vest.
Suit him up, Mama! He needs money!