Sunday, March 14, 2010

ohhhh, lucky me!


Holy crap! I was waiting upstairs, working, ignoring the rumbles of my up-since-7.45 tummy, while delicious smells floated aloft. Bacon... god, I was thinking, I'd almost eat a rasher now.

And then into the bedroom came Olivia, bearing pink roses with a butterfly and eucalyptus, and lillies. And Axel bearing a tray of breakfast, and a John Banville novel, randomly but impressively. And a MIMOSA. AND tea. And the kids had the most beautifully illustrated homemade cards. 'Happpy Birthdayyyyy!!!' shouted Bodhi, arms spread wide.

And readers, oh the breakfast. Veggie sausages and VEGGIE rashers (hurray!) and eggs and waffles and beans and mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. And toast. And did I mention the champagne and orange juice?

Good god. I am replete.

I could get used to this...

Just because I'm sappy  and my mother loved otters. I suspect if she was here I'd be moved to stick this picture to a card and put glitter all around it :)

4 comments:

Geeks in Rome said...

hug them tight!
have a great b-day!!!!

Jo said...

Thanks! But, you know it's only mother's day, right? I'll make a fuss about my birthday next month...

Ms. Moon said...

We don't have Mother's Day until May. Well, enjoy. Sounds perfectly lovely.

Mwa said...

WOW. You teach my children quick before August!