Tuesday, June 1, 2010

it should be booby tuesday...

But I've forgotten about that, rather. Hmm. Anyone?

I have a story to tell, but it's not particularly happy, and I'm not in the mood. Not in a booby mood.

And it seems I'm not in a posting mood, either, so I will give up for now, and play you the songs I'm listening to on repeat.

Divine Comedy, anyone?





I first saw Neil Hannon supporting Kristen Hirsch, with a guitar, just him on the lonely stage at the Olympia, singing Yeats poems with abandon and confidence. Such an original man. I loved this album. But then I sort of lost track... I'm glad they got so popular though.


Tonight we fly,
Over the mountains, the beach and the sea,
Over the friends we have known and those that we now know
Over those whom we've yet to meet

And when we die...

Oh will we be that disappointed or sad
if Heaven doesn't exist
What will we have missed,
this life is the best we've ever had


Such beautiful grammar in one so young... :)

No comments: