Sunday, May 30, 2010

crisis averted

I have a fevered toddler, an extra child sleeping over, I have to get up early to go get the car that I left down the station and the aged, half blind and deaf dog just started making noises that to my untrained ear sounded like the hawking of a constipated polarbear. Some sort of bear like mooing noises, anyway.

Oh, god, this is the end, I thought, he's entering death throes, with no vet open til 10 am and me here alone with three kids, one fevered, one not my own.

A little bit later I walked into the kitchen to find him vomiting half a purloined pizza into his bed.

That explains that then.

Fuckerdog.

Sigh.

9 comments:

Danielle said...

u feed them..pizza????

Jo said...

I fed the children pizza. And left Bodhi's leftovers unguarded, momentarily.

Purloined = stolen.

Though my mother did go through a post-separation mad phase where she'd buy her dog a pizza too... that was bad, really.

Anonymous said...

When this dog actually dies I think you should amalgamate all your posts about it and read them at the burial service, thus dispelling any sadness.

Mwa said...

When pets vomit, they are even more likeable than when they poop everywhere. Fuckerdog indeed.

Danielle said...

@ demure lemure..thats a great idea!!!

i know why i dont want to have animals with hair...or claws..or bladders..or anuses..or animals at all in my house..i mean i love animals ..i do..but i love my white sofa too

Ms. Moon said...

Danielle is the smart one here.

Jo said...

Of course he is.


DL, ah, I know, but you don't understand. He was our baby before we had babies. Our hairy baby...

I didn't blog about it before but his mother got run over a few months ago. Mostly, we were not remotely sad except for Bodhi, who was all about digging the hole, and seeing the body etc.

But then the next morning he said he was sad she was gone, and wished she would climb out of her hole and get back into her bed again.

And I'd take Zak and have him put down, but Bodhi keeps saying 'he's my best friend!' and so ... gah. Not quite yet.

Ciara Brehony said...

Tee hee, fuckerdog.

Tho the last thing you feel like facing when tending a fevered toddler, all the same. Hope the wee man is all better!

Jo said...

All good today, except for the runny green nasal issues.