Monday, July 19, 2010

owwee

Ah dear.

The fit came upon me to do some depilitation. But it's been a bit ... depilitating, hahahah. Sorry.

Yes, my lower legs are used to it, and it doesn't hurt any more to do 'em, but I've been wimpy about my thighs to date. Today I decided to be brave but instead I'm a little bit abraded - my very inner under thigh, which is far squidgier than a thigh should ideally be, has been somewhat bloodied and is now Stingy.

This is a discouraging state of affairs so I'm currently blogging with one leg besmoothened and  the other ... not. I think it might be better to enlist the services of a professional waxer (though they make you bleed too, I know). Still, I think that day can wait til someone other than me and the waxer are actually going to be seeing the offending areas. Personal smoothness is a luxury, I suppose.

Here's a funny waxing story. I hope it's true, no ill wishes to the writer, just because it's so funny.
I sent it to a friend in work, who forwarded it to her friend in work who mailed back with tears of laughter coursing down her cheeks, as the story goes.

I love the link at the bottom, 'what to do when your child glues her eyes shut'.

7 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

No. No waxing. I am too old for such foolishness. And too smart. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

Mwa said...

Ouch. I too do not wax.

You do wax lyrical with the big words after depilitating.

Jo said...

tee hee :)

I'm not sure besmoothened is a word, though.

Irmhild said...

it's all about stretching the skin while using the epilator! ...says the girl who got a quite extensive bikini wax at 32 weeks pregnant and chatted to the therapist all the way through... I may just have a high pain threshold...

Jo said...

It's meant to be more painful pregnant, isn't it?

I don't mind the pain, so much, really, but there was skin grabbing damage done here... hard to reach areas, doncha know.

What I really need is someone with sadistic tendencies and a penchant for personal grooming. Hmm... I wonder where I could find one of those...

Danielle said...

did someone call my name???

Jo said...

Heehee*