Saturday, August 7, 2010

I just had some honey toast with cinnamon on it. Because I read this. Ànd because it's nice.

But it's making me want to make one of those cinnamon raisin roly things. I'm not sure exactly what I mean, but I think it involves pastry.

But. Instead I plan to go wash eco paint off Olivia's walls, so I can put some other eco paint on tomorrow. Operation Room Switch tentatively starts now.

I didn't blog about the fun incident whereby the insanely expensive eco paint arrived by courier and I opened it at the kids' request and then didn't replace the lid as firmly as I should have and Bodhi sped by it and knocked it right over ina big blue pool on the floor.

So with the help  of Nicola, I scooped it all back in, and the kids will now have hairy walls - but at least I'd just hoovered.

Sigh. I have no conclusion to this post.

Oh, except, does anyone have a recipe?

** Hmm. Like this one, maybe? http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,194,151167-232202,00.html

9 comments:

Bethany said...

Hi Jo,
I'm covered in paint right now too and I hate the color. But too late.
Hairy walls. Mine too.
You always make me smile.
Sorry bout the paint incident. Yeah, cinnamon rolls will help.
Buy the pilsbury ones in the can, the GIANT ones.
Happy weekend!
Love your sporatic friend.

Jo said...

Ha. I just poured a huge tub of water all over the floor and it dripped down through the kitchen. Sigh.

We don't have those rolls here, Bethany, as far I know. I suppose that's a good thing, sad as it is.

Mwa said...

You don't mean Danish pastries? Surely?

I had honey cinnamon cake this morning, in spite of the fact that I "read somewhere" that cinnamon could be harmful in pregnancy. It seems everything can.

It was lovely.

Ms. Moon said...

Okay. Now I am SERIOUSLY going to start putting cinnamon into something I eat every day. EVERY DAY!

Jo said...

Not Danishes, really. More a roll that you cook and then slice. But same sort of principle.

Anonymous said...

Why don't they make cinnamon flavoured chewing-gum any more?!?

O, the Charlie Chaplin moment :( I'm so sorry it happened to you. It'll be something to laugh at in the future when you're embarrassing Bodhi in front of his future girlfriends though.

Janine Ashbless said...

Oh, what you really nead is a Cinnabon stall. Cinnabons with hot melty icing ... AAAAH.... Enough calories to last you a month... It's a good job the nearest branch to me is in London! (I think)

Oh look, here's a recipe (by weight):
http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/4727/clone-of-a-cinnabon.aspx

and another (in cups):
http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/clone-of-a-cinnabon/Detail.aspx

Jo said...

Oh Lord, Janine, that's the one. I love you for the cups recipe. I like to bake in cups.

Cream cheese icing, oh my.

I'll drool more over that later. Sometimes the photo is enough!

geeks in rome said...

oh yeah, I think you found the right recipe.

hairy paint!! paint brushes are always shedding their bristles anyway. I'm sure people won't be able to notice :)

Maybe if you mix the color with a gritty stucco paint and daub it on the walls with a small square of no-shag carpet. That's how my mom did my walls when I was little. Can't see any of the cat hairs and dirt on such a rough surface.