Sunday, September 5, 2010

Oh No! Disaster!

Once again, Bodhi is in need of a haircut. His hair is growing onto his back again, but more critically, he can't see out. He's a little Shetland pony.

'I want short pointy hair, growing!' he says, patting his head and grinning at me, mischieviously.

Noooooooo!!!

What am I going to do!? I can't force him to have long hair, can I? But ... the horror!

The poor kid is having a little bit of a tough period at the moment. He's quite uncertain about his new Montessori school, which I'm sad about, as he loved his other playschool so instantly and thoroughly.

He's getting at everyone all the time, and also throwing huge emotional tantrums and insults when he doesn't get his way. His mother has just had a week of pms hell, and has been shouting a lot and he's waking a lot at night.

Last night, just after I was almost asleep at 2am, he woke up calling me, and when I went in, he said, 'Do I have to put my willy in a jar?' all upset.

So he's clearly having some sort of awful Freudian nightmares as well. It's not easy being three. It's not easy being any age, is it?

I just really hope he lets the head shaving concept go.

6 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

It's just hair. Let him control what he can.
If you can bear it.

Jo said...

I think it was just a tease. I was being played. By a three year old.

geeks in rome said...

oh brings back memories... my son hated/hates hair cuts and washing his hair. Not a good combo. yes, three is torturous for poor kids and moms.

I agree with ms. moon. Let the hair grow if it doesn't gross you out. I still trim their bangs at night while they sleep. (stick wet cloth under hair to help collect it). A whole year of that and Bodhi will have killer mullet-look!

Jo said...

Ah, I think Ms M is telling me to shave his head if he wants it - it's already totally long. And it suits him so well like that! No killer mullet's in this house - the horror!

Kelley @ magnetoboldtoo said...

How about middle ground... MOWHAWK!

Mwa said...

We have the same - Jack has very short hair, while I want him to look like a hippie kid. It sticks up at funny angles all the time as well. Ah well - like Ms. Moon says only hair, and I keep control of the important things, like what he is thinking - HAhaHAhaHAAAA. (Just joking.)