Friday, March 4, 2011

22.26, saturday night

There should be extra hours in the day for people like me. To fit in our toodling around. And working.

Today I attempted to make some experimental peanut butter balls, but then I ruined them with rancid almond essence and had to throw the mix all out. I feel really bad about wasting the best part of a jar of peanut butter. Three euros worth. Gulp.

I knew the essence was old as well, and I still tossed it in, vaguely thinking it wouldn't be that evident. Dear God, was it evident. Bleh.

Heh. Should I have a food blog? Lol. Things I Have Burnt and Sabotaged.

Ok. The other thing about today is that Olivia came out of school all happy about playing her Sweet Sweets game with her old-best-friend-who-dumped-her, at break time today. He's asked her to come to his house again, and they plan to play again on Monday. She was so sweetly happy about it. I am so scared. Here we go...

I saw him coming out of school with the third point of their old friendship triangle, one who had drifted in other directions when the triangle disbanded. She had happily moved on to other friends and said she didn't really know how to play with him (and Olivia all together) anymore, but maybe he's rekindling that side of the  friendship too. I wonder why? I wonder how to help Olivia protect her heart against the same pattern of rejection. We talked about protection and she asked if she should get a shield, haha. And emotional shield, I suggested, but I don't know how to help her do that. She suggested a human shield, which would be a great idea if she can follow through the metaphor. How does my seven year old daughter know what a human shield is? I'd better stop letting her watch television. She's so gory. Really, you have no idea.

God, I hope that little boy doesn't hurt her again and tilt her whole life into uncertain misery, and ours, again.



2 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

I hated this part of being a mother because I hated that part of being a child.

Jo said...

I have no doubt that that's exactly my problem too. They end up like you in the worst ways!