Friday, April 6, 2012

swimmy boys and chocolate

Wooooo.

Well. Interesting things. Good news: There's no work for me next week - I get to be home with the kids on holiday, and work on some correcting. Bad news: no work for me next week (they gave it to someone else!), a week's worth of earnings to do without... hmm.

Good things - went swimming today, and was well outlapped by a strong thin woman. Yeesh. However, my fabulous son is now swimming underwater by himself! A great thing to see that occur. He can't keep himself out of the water and still afloat yet, but that will come. Pride! Then we got to the changing room, I listened to my messages and found that my lucky daughter had won an Easter egg from Tesco. Score! What great children...

There was something else... I can't remember... it keeps coming and going, I don't know... something good, though, no? Hmm.

I finally got round to buying Caitlin Moran's How to be a Woman , ahem, from Tesco where it's cheaper than Amazon, and it's as fabulous and inspiring as everyone promised. Read it, read it, if you have not. She's so funny. She writes like I do, if I could write the way I wish I wrote, write the unprocessed thoughts that appear in my head without having to translate them out of my brain and down my fingertips onto the page. She writes like I wish I could and I love her for it - it's like reading my best self. She's got cool hair, too.


2 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

How to be a woman? Man. I wish I'd thought of that.
Good on you for the swimming and YAY for the boy and the girl! Have a good holiday!

Janine Ashbless said...

I love Caitlin Moran (and her hair) and that book is on my to-read pile already!