Thursday, January 15, 2015

Storm Rachel

Such a wind today, Storm Rachel. It blew me like a blimp round the ball fields, where the poor dog so desperately needed to walk, my big raincoat like a sail, after two days of my refusal to go out in the cold/storm. It was epic, in a cold sort of way, solid wind and spattering rain, real effort to walk. I think I'm glad I didn't go out in the earlier blustery sunshine and climb the side of Bray Head. I might have blown out to sea.

I tried to find a picture of a fat lady being blown through the air, but there doesn't seem to be one. However, I did find these, and they're gorgoeus, have a look.


2 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Those ARE lovely! Last weekend when we were at the Gibson, I realized that someone had crocheted cozies for all the damn flowerpots.
It was so tacky. But hey- whatever. Crochet can be sublime or it can be very much not-sublime, can't it?

Jo said...

God yes, I couldn't agree more!