Friday, January 29, 2016

morning impotent whinge

I have to leave the house in 18 minutes, and I'm sitting here in my towel. It's blowing a gale outside, Storm Gertrude, to be exact. Loud wind and rain automatically make me want to Stay In Bed.

Yesterday I had to take the second half of the day off (two whole hours, gasp!) because I had a meeting with the psychiatrist for Olivia. It finished after 12, so I could have gone back to work for an hour, but I'd booked the time off, and it's probably bad etiquette to ask someone to sub for you and then kick them out part way. So it felt weird, but I went and had a coffee with my friend and we walked the dogs in the pissing rain. (I'd hoped we'd get home before the rain, but we didn't quite).

That was nice.

She'd just got awarded a domestic carer's allowance, I thought there was no way she'd get it on first application, so I'm delighted and bolstered, and now I'll apply too, instead of hiding from the task. Ah, Jo.

Anyway. Now I have to go in 15 minutes. Tsk. Really glad it's Friday! 

2 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

And it's so beautiful here today that I don't want to leave the house!
Be safe, dear Jo.

Mwa said...

Funny! I'm sitting in a bathrobe and have to go out in half an hour. Haven't showered, dressed or had breakfast. Must get on it.