Tuesday, September 16, 2008

worn like an old... dollar bill



I am so tired. Spongled. I feel like Mark Lanagan sounds. Someone mentioned Screaming Trees the other day and I've been yearning to hear this ever since. Sadly, the proper video is disabled. If you're wrenched back to grunge era youth town with this, you can go see it here

I've just unearthed a long forgotten memory of going to see them at a beautiful gig in San Francisco in what must have been about 1990. It was a lovely little venue, a mini amphitheatre, outdoors, twilit and so lovely. Who was there - the Spin Doctos, Screaming Trees and Soul Asylum! We sat on terraces watching the bands. The lights came on as it got darker and the trees waving behind us completed the circle, they seemed to be listening and responding to the music.


I'm off to email Andrew and see if he'll do a cover of it with the band. Girls will thrown their knickers at him even more if he does, oh yes!

3 comments:

Martin said...

I love me some Mark Lanagan!

Jo said...

Good man, X. Just you and me though, it seems.

Martin said...

He really freaked me out when I saw him live though, not a great show by any means.