Monday, December 29, 2008

and a partridge in a pear tree

A hungover husband who got in at 5 in the morning, a PMSing five year old with a cough who won't wear anything more than pyjamas, certainly no socks on her rapidly purpling feet, a boiler pump that's broken (€335!), a mother in law throwing tantrums because I need to work instead of going down to her house to eat pizza - and three hundred exams waiting for me to correct them. How many swigs of Baileys straight from the fridge constitutes a problem?

4 comments:

Compulsive Cook said...

Any swigs at all of Baileys constitutes a problem.
You need vodka from the freezer.

Nick McGivney said...

...or just keep it at one long, sustained swig.

Was this information helpful? Tell us how we can improve our service.

Lottie said...

Not taking swigs constitutes a problem surely?

Jo, you have had such a tough few months. I am putting you into my Christmas wish box - "a few easy enjoyable months for the mama".

Anonymous said...

Heheh I ask myself that very same question every day.