Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Banksy


My lovely (second) cousin (once removed, or something like that) for whom I feel enormous warmth though I don't know her that well, told my non-comprehending granny that she'd bought the Bansky book for a wedding present for the wedding referred to below.

I don't think my grandmother is really able comprehend the ideal behind guerilla art. Though she's quite the art historian. But set in her ways, like.

I passed it in HMV today and stopped to have a look. It's really... compelling. I bought it.  And I don't usually do that. I'd recommend it. I also bought Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and The Princess Bride so there may have been some hormonal impulse involved.



As ever, my daughter's feet are too wide to fit into any shoes comfortably. So I think she's going to be spending the summer in ... Crocks... again. She went to my friends wedding in a beautiful designery dress and bright yellow plastic shoes last summer. And a small French inlaw of the bride pointed, and laughed. Le sigh.

2 comments:

Mwa said...

I love the one with the beach.

Jo said...

It's on the segregation wall in Palestine. Lots of ones of beauty that the people can't access and images of escape.

In the book he put a conversation with an old man

Old Man: You paint the wall. You make it look beautiful.

Me: thanks

Old Man: We don't want it to be beautiful, we hate this wall, go home