Saturday, May 29, 2010

hidden treasure


So I am a little bit like one of those people you see on tv, who build pathways through the mounds of rubbish and odds and ends and second hand stuff that they randomly collect, and fill their house with til the vermin moves in and they're complete social outcasts*.

At Christmas my mother in law gave me a voucher for M&S (that's M&S, D, not the other), which promptly disappeared. I had no memory of bringing it home with the other stuff, and was convinced that some zealous tidier had swept it up with the wrapping paper in Betty's house (Betty is the mil, for those of you who don't remember).

I was just clearing the debris from under the little table in behind the sofas (socks, crayons, half a bag of paper-waste, toys, enough dust to make my eyes itch, half an hour's worth of wool to untangle, €50's worth of voucher!) and there it was.

I suppose I should keep cleaning now, and see if I can uncover a winning lottery ticket, and a forged will. Oh,, and a Golden Ticket too... all the chocolate could be ours!



*C, I know this post is killing you, I'm sorry :)

5 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Hurray! Now quick, go use it before it becomes lost again.

Danielle said...

ahahahaah ms moon..i was about to say the same...

jo i didnt knew u have a s&m store arround!!!

Jo said...

:)

I always say it's a lifestyle choice, M&S or S&M... but no doubt a modern person can have both :)

And you both have no faith in me at all... I can't imagine why that is...

geeks in rome said...

keep digging! I love finding long lost treasures!

Mwa said...

I have a 500 frank note that I got from my granny. She made me promise to use it for something really good and I never did. It feels bad. Go spend it!