Sunday, August 15, 2010

powerful essay

It's been a while. Where have I been? Well, baking for the boot sale today, which was not so productive, bah humbug. I shall not be there again. But one has to try, I suppose. One has to try.

I just read this beautiful, heart breaking essay that should really stop me complaining about my kids' eating habits ever again.

I am super tired. I'm going to go to bed... was up late baking, up early with Bodhi peeing in the bed for the first time. I lay down and fell asleep this evening and apart from nearly biting clean through my lip (anti-teeth grinding move as I hadn't got my guard in) it felt soooo good to just go asleep. I woke up at 7.30! And now I think it's time to return to those arms.

I was just reading Gillian McKeith again the other day, and seeing all the things that are wrong with me and why (various vitamin definciencies) and what to do about them, and one of the things was not going to sleep before 11 and therefore not recharging, to put it simply.

She can't cure my run on sentences though. Anyone care to analyse my death grip on those?

yawn. Read that essay, it's so moving and sad and beautiful. God bless mothers.

2 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Wow. What a strange essay. I've never heard of a child like that. I think of Owen and how he will eat anything. Anything at all and I have another reason to be grateful.
Yes. Sleep, Jo. It is when we heal.

Jo said...

I knew about pica and that it was associated with autism, but not that it mean the kids wouldn't eat any real food as well.

But yes, anyone with a child with a wide and healthy appetite is spared a lot of heartache, no question!