Monday, August 16, 2010

tell me a story


Bodhi asked  for booby milk tonight, reluctant to sleep despite his tiredy self. He refused water, but I distracted placated him with a story of a green blue sea dragon with scales shining golden in the sun that brings little boys underwater and offers them the chance to be sea dragons themselves. I wasn't sure what the right way to finish the story was, but Bodhi chose to stay and have fun under the waves, and then went straight off to sleep. He felt no need for the little boy to return to his worried mother at all.

I am immensely cheered by that.

Sing ho for a life of adventure, unfettered by guilty ties to wailing mammies!



2 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Mammies- Mammals- Mammary.
And sea dragons are a completely different sort of magic. But a good one.
Wise mama.

Mwa said...

I like that too. I would hate to be one of these mamas who rejoice when their babies can't handle stuff without them.