Sunday, September 19, 2010

oh yes

I always thought I didn't like green curry very much. I don't know why. The lemon grass? I dunno.

But after Danielle was waxing happy about his yesterday, I bought a jar of curry paste and a tin of coconut milk and some sweet potatoes and sugarpeas and mushrooms and a yellow pepper and onions. Well. Some of that I had already.

And oh my god. The rice isn't cooked yet, but there might not be any curry left by the time it's ready. So good! I had to check the label to make sure there's no msg in it. So nice. So very, very nice, on this grey, rainy day.

And tomorrow I'm going to make lentil moussaka.

Thank you for the inspiration, D.

9 comments:

Danielle said...

ha..that sounds so good!!!

green curry is really best..:-)

Ms. Moon said...

I want some. So very, very much.

Anonymous said...

hey Jo..Im anon..only cos i cant figure the bloody thing out..when i put my name in it never posts..am i really thick??? can anyone help..i dont want to be anon anymore....

Jo said...

Is that you, Nicola? I suppose it's because you don't have blogger account.

you could always just sign the comment, hon :)

Anonymous said...

not Nicola..Catherine..and yes its prob cos i dont have a blogger ac..so yes i will just sign my name..doh !..and salivating at thought of lentil moussaka..never had..

Jo said...

Catherine - do we know each other or are you just friendly? :)

Mwa said...

Mmm moussaka.

laughykate said...

Green curry......nom nom nom. Let me count the ways I love green curry. Oh and prawn green curry. Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum.If you want an absolutely filthy veggie curry recipe, holler and I will send it your way. Easy and to die for.

Irmhild said...

i looooooooooove green curry! and yellow and red! i use the mae ploy pastes, no nasties in them as far as i can tell, and a hell of lot quicker than making your own! i usually do the green vegetarian, with green beens and sugar snaps, the yelloow has to be chicken, and i add potato to it, and the red is best with beef! they all get lots of other veg, too, whatever i have handy. i'm pretty sure they all work well as vegetarian/vegan dishes, too!