Monday, February 7, 2011

time

I nearly posted a hysterical tantrum rant about all the things that don't work/are crappy in my house that I'm sick of, but now that I'm not hoovering anymore, the childish resentment has faded so I'll spare you, and just say this:

Universe, I am ready to get a job that pays me enough to live on properly.

I don't know why hoovering fills me with red rage, it virtually always does. Maybe the hoover-noise frequency is the same as the one the anger-centre of my brain vibrates on.

I'm feeling sick, sore throat, maybe headachey. I hope it doesn't develop. I'm fed up with symptoms.

Tomorrow I  go test out Pablo Piquante! Woo!

scared to look at bank account in case all this month's money is already spent and I can't afford a burritto* - this is how I budget. Effective, non?

I will report back soon anyway, re authenticity/tastiness quotient. Not quotient. Can't think of words at the moment. I had great hopes that finishing breastfeeding would mean the return of my thinking faculties, but strangely, that doesn't seem to have happened.

8 comments:

itchybollix said...

hoovering is one of my fetishes. I equate hoovering with....let me think...Zen & The Art of Hoovering.

seriously. I love it.

What's Pablo Piquante?

Jo said...

Would you like to come over? Perhaps bring your sucky friend?

We got all the hoovering you could ask for!

Pablo Piquante is a new(ish) TexMex place in Dublin, which might (might!) satisfy my deep, desperate desire for a real American burrito experience at home.

If I had a brand new Dyson instead of an ancient old one, then perhaps my hoovering experience would be more Zen. Anything I didn't have to hand feed the dirt to the hoover would make me happier, basically.

Jo said...

I just reread that Pablo Piquante sentence, and it does sound like I've made an appointment with a Mexican gigolo if you don't know it's a restaurant...

Ms. Moon said...

You know my poem don't you?

Vacuum cleaners really suck.
They make me say bad words like "fuck."

I don't vacuum or Hoover as you guys call it. I sweep. Much more pleasant activity.

Jo said...

I don't mind sweeping so much, no, but I find the end bit with the dustpan action unsatisfying and frustrating too.

I need for absolutely everything in my house to be out in the lane, so I can clean, paint and sort it (and magically create storage space solutions where there are none, and then only put back in what I want.


However, if I atually was able to do this, the fear of the magnitude of the task would make me faint.

morgor said...

I'm not entirely against hoovering or ironing.
I think it's drying up that offends me the most as it's most pointless. They'll dry themselves damnit.
I generally wipe things down quite badly too, they tend to still look dirty afterwards...

Janine Ashbless said...

Oh, I love Ms Moon's poem!

I don't know why hoovering fills me with red rage, it virtually always does. Same here, Jo. It just triggers all the churny bitter anger in me at the world in general - I go through hours of imagined rants while vacuuming. Weird.
Although, the fact that I had the world's most evil vacuum cleaner didn't help. I've never had a domenstic appliance reduce me to tears of rage before. It was a Vax, and a present, and I broke it trying to wrestle/hammer the fecking mini-head off the fecking nozzle, so I couldn't even take it back.

To my great joy, the builders' dust killed it and I had to buy a Dyson instead.

Mwa said...

Ah but you can't sweep a carpet, can you? I make my cleaner hoover. (Sorry.) And before that my husband or child - anyone just so I wouldn't have to.