Saturday, January 28, 2012

oh...

Oh... So my mother's cousin in Arizona, who found me on Facebook, seems to be a 'from my cold dead hands' type, judging by this last post:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.



Well, people use guns to kill people... children kill themselves and each other with guns... I wonder if you're a owner, are you actually more or less likely to get shot? They think guns can save them, like they're some kind of magic life saving device. I'm really not so sure.


1 comment:

morgor said...

Here you go :
In 1999, 58% of all gun deaths were suicides, and 38% were homicides. (SOURCE: Hoyert DL, Arias E, Smith BL, Murphy SL, Kochanek, KD. Deaths: Final Data for 1999. National Vital Statistics Reports. 2001;49 (8).

leaving.... 4% as non-murder or suicide.
Which would still include accidents which probably eclipses the self defence occassions.